Anal Fissure Treatment
Anal fissure is an extremely painful condition which results from a tear in the lining of the anal canal. It is often precipitated by constipation and passing of hard stools. It can also present with bleeding and mucus discharge. If you suffer from this condition, please make sure you make an earliest appointment with us. Most of the time we can treat this condition with medications and local creams. If it does not respond to medical treatment, then we can perform day surgery under anaesthesia and this has nearly 100% success rates.
Symptoms of Anal Fissure
Signs and symptoms of an anal fissure include:
- Pain, sometimes severe, during bowel movements
- Pain after bowel movements that can last up to several hours
- Bright red blood on the stool or toilet paper after a bowel movement
- A visible crack in the skin around the anus
- A small lump or skin tag on the skin near the anal fissure
When to see a doctor
See your doctor if you have pain during bowel movements or notice blood on stools or toilet paper after a bowel movement.